Friday, March 21, 2014

Dressed in White

On a sunny January morning more than twelve years ago, I put on this white dress.  
I wore it as I entered the House of the Lord, the holy temple, and while wearing it I made the most important promises of my life when I married Gerald.  I made promises to Gerald and promises to God.Like most women, I love my wedding dress. It is sentimental, a reminder of one of the best days of my life.  But I entertained no false hopes that my daughter would want to wear it for her wedding one day.  And honestly, it wasn't doing any good hanging in my closet.  When I heard of the idea of making a baptism dress out of a wedding dress, I knew I wanted to that.

I definitely needed some help.  A dear friend, Kara, helped coach me through the steps, but I did it!  It was a little scary to cut into my wedding dress at first, but I am so happy with how it turned out.  Katelee loves it.

I think it's really special that Katelee will now wear this dress on a day when she makes her first sacred promises to God.  On her baptism day, she will promise to follow Him and bear His name, keep his commandments, and always remember Him.  I love that she will get to wear an altered version of the same dress I wore when I made special covenants as well. 
We had her baptism pictures taken recently in her baptism dress .  I loved watching her photo shoot.  
This lovely girl is so beautiful, so pure, so sweet. 
So full of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment