Monday, March 3, 2014

A Few Memorable Events

I am not the greatest at taking pictures.  My camera phone is super low quality, and I don't always have my real camera with me.  So there are often memorable things that happen that I don't get around to blogging about, simply because I don't have a camera to remind me. This month, I want to take the time to write about some of these things, so that we won't forget.

In no particular order, and with no relevance to one another, here are a few memories from the month of February.
________________

February 1 was a very special day for us!  Our friend Missy was baptized.  Missy is basically like part of our family.  Missy is a little girl Katelee's age.  Every morning, Missy comes to our house when her mom leaves for work.  She gets to spend an hour or more with us before school starts.  She eats breakfast with us, helps clean up, reads scriptures and has prayer with us, and plays with Katelee and Blake.  We love Missy!  For the past several months, we have also been blessed to participate as Missy was taught the gospel by the sister missionaries.  On February 1, sweet Missy was baptized, and I had the privilege of giving a talk at her baptism.  Missy has such a sweet, loving heart and there was such a special spirit that day as she was baptized.  We are so happy for the choice she made!
 ________________

For Christmas, one of my cute piano students gave me and Katelee a coupon for a free pedicure.  We were able to go on Saturday in February, and it was such a treat!  It was Katelee's first time getting a pedi, and she kept exclaiming about how wonderful it was.  It was pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself, and we had fun spending girly bonding time together.  :)  And our toes looked great.
________________

One of my friends, Staci, is pretty much one of the coolest people I know.  She had a birthday this month, and she invited a bunch of people to come try out Bubble Balls.  I laugh just remembering it!  We were late, but we still got some Bubble Ball time in, and it was so hilariously fun!  Soccer, red rover, and just random trying to knock each other over were some of the activities we experienced.  Here's a video clip of us playing soccer, if you are wondering what in the world Bubble Balls are!

No comments:

Post a Comment