Sunday, August 31, 2014

Weeeeee! All the way home!

We left our fun time at grandma's house Friday morning with the goal to be home before Gerald got home from work that day.  We left early enough that we could stop at some locations along the way.  This was partly because when I'm driving alone it's best if I break the trip up with some stops, and also because I have wanted to stop at some of these places for ages but we never seem to take the time to stop.  So it was the perfect opportunity!

First we stopped in Cedar City and had a picnic lunch at the park.

Then we continued on to Cove Fort.  I've always wanted to stop with the kiddos and do the Cove Fort tour, and I am so glad we did!  We had a really enjoyable time!

 Finally, we stopped at another famous Utah destination that I've always wanted to see: The Red Barn. 
I've heard that this place has the best ice cream to we stopped to sample some for ourselves.
 
 It was delicious!

What a fun, memorable trip home.  We made it just as daddy was getting home from work, so perfect timing.  I am glad to make these fun memories with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment