Thursday, May 8, 2014

Backyard Fun

After living in an apartment complex in Colorado, we feel blessed to live in a place where we have a private backyard right now.  The yard is a tiny, postage-stamp-sized space, but it's still a fenced and private yard, so I'm counting my blessings!  Honestly, it's just the right size for Blake; he loves to go play in the yard whenever possible, and Katelee enjoys it as well, though she wishes I'd give her a bit more freedom in the neighborhood.  ;) 

Even though the space is small, we have made the most of it.

This year we finally cleaned out the sandbox and filled it with fresh new sand.  We contemplated just getting rid of it; what was inside was pretty yucky and the kids weren't allowed to touch it before.  But I convinced Gerald to clean it out and I bought some new sand and it has become the new favorite playplace!  :)  
Sorry about these shots of Blake; it's impossible sometimes to get a picture of a busy two-year-old.
We also have our swingset/slide still in the yard, and both kids spend lots of time behaving like monkeys and getting out their wiggles. 

 It may be small, but it's still super fun, and I'm glad my kids have a safe and fun place to play on these nice spring days!

No comments:

Post a Comment