Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 2013 - Springtime Fun

 Springtime is here in all it's glory.  We have the most beautiful blossoming trees that I am blessed to see every time I look out my kitchen window, and a lilac bush near our doorstep that gives off the most luscious smell.  Thank heaven for springtime!
This month passed so quickly!
Some notable events were:

Spring General Conference Weekend
One of my favorite weekends of the whole year.  This one was no exception.  We have a lovely weekend listening to the prophets and apostles and spending time as a family.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 With warmer weather finally here, we spent plenty of time in our backyard.  Thanks to some nice friends who were getting rid of their old swing set, we have spent lots of time swinging! Both of my kiddos LOVE to swing!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a funny video showing how Katelee decided to push her brother on the swing when I asked for her help one day - lol!


 This month we were also blessed to attend the baptism of this handsome nephew of mine!
 The kids had a great time playing with cousins!
 
 Two sweet girly cousins!
 Spring is also a great time of year to visit a farm and petting zoo!  We had a great time going with friends one sunny afternoon.  Blake is obsessed with animals!  Seriously, this kid ADORES animals.  He had a great time!

 Chasing the chicken!
 How I wish I had gotten a video of this moment.  Blake was feeding this goat, and he was laughing and giggling SO hard - he loved it so much!
 Katelee riding the pony!  This was Katelee's favorite part - she loved riding the ponies!
 
 Blake, however, did not like riding the pony.  I think he was scared he was going to fall, even though I was right there holding him on.  Oh, well.  ;)

With the coming of springtime also comes one of our favorite foods - strawberries!  They have been on sale and plentiful this month.  One quiet Sunday afternoon, Katelee and I decided to make a batch of chocolate covered strawberries.
 Mmmmm.... 'licious!
As you might be able to see in the background of this picture, we also made lots of strawberry jam this month after finding a great deal on flats of strawberries.
 Speaking of treats, Blake has discovered the joy of licking the beater.  Now whenever I am using my kitchenaide, he whines at my feet for the beater, because he knows that it is often something sugary and yummy.  Even when I am making bread dough or shredding chicken or mashing potatoes - he wants it!  Once when I was making bread he whined so much that I handed him the beater to let him give it a try.  Tasted fine to him!  Ha ha!  (No, I did not let him eat all the raw bread dough off the beater, though!)  Here he is enjoying some frosting.


 Thanks, mom!
 With the spring weather here, we have been spending more time taking family walks and playing at the park.  Here we are enjoying a local park one afternoon.
 
I have been trying to do some new learning activities with Blake while Katelee is at school.  One day, we tried this fun idea of sorting small items into a muffin tin.
I thought it was such a fun idea... until all Blake wanted to do was try to eat the raw pasta noodles I was using!  Ha ha!
 Here, try one, mom!
With spring weather always comes some rain - which I love!  One evening Blake and I went outside to play in the drizzling rain:
Other notable happenings this month: We had the girl cousins over for another fun sleepover, Jennifer got released as the ward organist and got a new church calling to serve in the Relief Society presidency, we went to a fun surprise party for our favorite 16-year-old, Harrison, and we are preparing for the end of the school year and a spring piano recital in May!

Hooray for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment